About the Workshops
In order to facilitate communication between the 50 communities, the Georgetown University Energy Prize and Johnson Controls, Inc. offered a series of five workshops around the country. These workshops allowed leaders to discuss the successes they are having and tackle challenges they are facing with peers and experts from all sectors. Further, the sessions came at an important time for the competing communities – during the transition from the first year of competition to the second. At this point, participants had experienced some successes but also encountered challenges. Everyone benefited from the advice of fellow competitors, community stakeholders, utility companies, and energy efficiency experts.
- November 13, 2015 – Bellevue, Washington
- March 17, 2016 – Palo Alto, California
- May 3-4, 2016 – Chattanooga, Tennessee
- June 7, 2016 – Madison, Wisconsin
- September 20, 2016 – Cambridge, Massachusetts